What is Involved in a Fire Door Survey
This survey is conducted to assess the fire safety of the commercial building in accordance with UK regulations. The survey focuses on the fire doors within the building and their compliance with the relevant standards.
The survey will cover all fire doors within the commercial building, including doors that lead to fire exits, stairwells, and other areas where fire safety is critical.
The survey will be conducted using a visual inspection of the fire doors and their surroundings. The inspector will examine the condition of the doors, frames, hardware, and seals, as well as their overall compliance with relevant UK regulations.
The following criteria will be used to assess the fire doors within the commercial building:
- Door Construction: Fire doors should be constructed of a suitable material, such as timber or steel, and have an appropriate fire resistance rating (FD30 or FD60).
- Door Frame: The door frame should be constructed of a suitable material, such as timber or steel, and have an appropriate fire resistance rating (FD30 or FD60). The frame should be securely fixed to the surrounding structure.
- Door Hardware: Fire doors should have suitable hardware, including hinges, locks, and door closers, which meet the relevant standards for fire safety.
- Door Seals: Fire doors should have suitable seals around the perimeter of the door to prevent the spread of smoke and fire.
- Signage: Fire doors should be clearly identified with appropriate signage to ensure that they are easily recognizable as fire doors.
- Maintenance: Fire doors should be maintained in good condition, with regular checks and maintenance carried out to ensure that they are functioning correctly.
- Self-Closing: All fire doors should be self-closing, ensuring that they close fully and latch securely.
Upon completion of the survey, a report will be provided to the building owner or manager, outlining any deficiencies identified and recommended actions to bring the fire doors up to compliance with UK regulations.
It is important that any deficiencies are addressed promptly to ensure the safety of building occupants in the event of a fire.
RFM Group can repair and replace all your fire doors and ensure you are fully compliant.