Due to unprecedented hot weather, it's especially important that we keep ourselves and our devices safe from overheating.
Most of us welcome hot weather, but when it’s too hot for too long, there are health risks.
Alongside health risks, our IT equipment and electronic devices need extra care and can also contribute to the heat in a home, office or workplace.
The responsibility for keeping your employees, facilities and IT equipment often falls to Facilities Managers.
Here is some of our advice:
- Stay indoors if at all possible
- Keep south-facing windows and curtains closed
- Stay hydrated
- Use a fan if possible to keep your and your device’s temperature down
- Keep your device on a smooth hard surface, with air gaps around the back and sides
- If using a laptop, keep it plugged into mains power. This allows for the internal fan to work most effectively
Keeping Yourself and Employees Safe in Hot Temperatures
For more tips on keeping yourself safe during the heatwave, visit the met office for advice.
Prepare Your Business for Summer: An Essential Checklist
Just as in the run-up to winter it is important to think about how the weather may affect your business. We’ve put together this simple checklist to help ensure your business runs smoothly throughout the summer months. Here’s our guide to help you Prepare Your Business for Summer: An Essential Checklist.