Nugent Sahara Desert Trek

RFM Group is proud to support our partner Nugent as they plan their Sahara Desert Trek.

Join Nugent on an epic 100km challenge across the Sahara Desert! Departing on 12 November 2023, participants will embark on the most amazing 7-day adventure, trekking through stunning desert landscapes by day and camping under the stars at night.

When: Sunday 12th – Saturday 18th November 2023

Where: Sahara Desert – starting and ending in Marrakech

What: trek through the Sahara Desert in aid of Nugent

The trek is fully supported by local guides, fantastic chefs, a trek leader, jeeps and camels.

Challenge Highlights:

  • Experience the varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
  • Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases;
  • Trek between 12-30km per day, a total of 100km;
  • Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks;
  • Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
  • Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire.


Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate

Arrive at the airport and transfer through ‘the most beautiful road’ in Marrakech, Tichka Pass, for an overnight stay in a hotel with lunch and dinner.

Day 2: Faija – Amda Noumssafi

Meet the camels, cameleers and the trek support group. The day will include 3-4 hours of trekking, with an overnight desert camp at Amda Noumssafi.

Day 3: Amda Noumssafi – Chegaga

Passing by Lmhasser, you will trek along dry riverbeds and go through to the desert sands, and travel through a rocky plateau with an overnight desert camp at Chegaga.

Day 4: Chegaga – Bougarn

You will have lunch under the trees at Tamarist and then head on to the dunes of Bougarn where you will camp for the night.

Day 5: Bougarn – Wadi Naam

You will head out across dunes and desert plain to camp at Oued Naam.

Day 6: Final Day – Oued Naam – Mhamid – Ait Ben Haddou

On the final day of your challenge, you will head towards Mhamid, where you will say goodbye to the amazing crew before letting your hair down in a hotel.

Day 7: Transfer to Marrakech

After breakfast, you will have time to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site at Ait Ben Haddou, after which you will transfer back to Marrakech for some lunch and exploring the city.


Nugent Sunset Desert


How to take part

It’s easy! Complete the online booking form and pay a non-refundable registration fee of £400 to Tribal Tracks (account details are on the online booking form).

There are 2 options to fund your trip:

Option 1: Self Funding

The total cost of the trip is £1795 per person (including the registration fee). The final payment of £1395 is due 10 weeks before departure – you will be invoiced by Tribal Tracks.

We ask you to aim for an additional fundraising amount of at least £1000 per person.

To secure your place, you must raise a minimum of £800 (80% of the Minimum Sponsorship Sum) and transfer the funds to Nugent at least 10 weeks before you depart. The remaining balance (£200 – 20%) is due no later than 4 weeks after the trek.

Option 2: Minimum Fundraising

In addition to the £400 registration fee, you must pledge to raise a minimum of £2385 sponsorship for Nugent.

To secure your place, you must raise and transfer 80% of the Minimum Sponsorship Sum (£1916) to Nugent at least 10 weeks before the departure date. The remaining 20% (£479) is due no later than 4 weeks after the trek.


Nugent Sahara Desert Trek


To help raise money for Nugent, you can set up a free fundraising page with Local Giving where you can keep track of your donations, have your own fundraising link and thank your supporters.

To set up your fundraising page please follow these 4 easy steps:

  1. Register an account with Local Giving
  2. Select Nugent as your chosen charity and select Sahara Desert Trek 2023 as the project
  3. Create a title for your fundraising page
  4. Customize your page with images, a bio and a fundraising target and share your fundraising link


For more information about the trip and to see the itinerary in more detail, please visit: the 2023 Nugent Sahara Trek Itinerary

For those taking part in the trek, we’ve created a page that features helpful information to help you on your journey, please visit Sahara Trek Participant Information for more information.

If you have any questions about the challenge please contact our fundraising team at

Photos courtesy of Tribal Tracks

Content  courtesy of Nugent




Sign Up to our newsletter for all our latest news, views and insights.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.