Are you wondering what is involved in upholstery cleaning? Are you curious about the different types of upholstery cleaning services that are available?
Well, you’re in the right place! In this blog, we will discuss all you need to know about upholstery cleaning and the types of upholstery cleaning available. We will also give you a list of helpful tips on how to choose the best upholstery cleaner, and how to carry out upholstery cleaning in an office, school or public building.
Upholstery Cleaning Service
Upholstery cleaning is a service that many people consider but few actually take the time to do. The truth is that upholstery cleaning is not only a great way to clean your furniture but also a great way to get your furniture looking and smelling new again. Depending on the size of the upholstery and the level of cleaning needed, fabric cleaning can be a quick and effective way of revitalising your work, living and recreational spaces. Here are a few things to keep in mind when hiring a professional upholstery cleaner:
First, determine the extent of the cleaning needed. This will help you determine the price range you are comfortable with.
Second, be sure to inspect the upholstery for damage before the cleaning process begins. This will help the cleaner determine the level of cleaning needed and avoid any potential damage.
Last, be sure to provide the cleaner with all of the furniture pieces and any necessary paperwork. This will ensure a smooth and seamless cleaning process.
How Is Upholstery Cleaned?
Upholstery cleaning is a service that should only be entrusted to professional carpet and fabric cleaners. Not only are they experienced in the field, but they use eco-friendly solutions and equipment to protect your furniture from damage. Starting by removing all the pet hair, dust and other debris, technicians will then deep clean each piece of upholstery with specialist solutions. They should use eco-friendly products and equipment so you can rest easy knowing your furniture is safe during our process.
Which is the best upholstery cleaning method?
It’s time to get your upholstery cleaned, but which method should you use? Well, there are many to choose from, so it’s important to test them out first. Some of the most popular upholstery cleaning methods include steam cleaning, hand-washing and dry cleaning.
An expert FM company will know which is best for your specific needs. For example, steam cleaning is the most popular because it’s fast and effective. However, hand-washing is a more environmentally-friendly option and is also effective. So, it really depends on what you’re looking for.
Suitable for cotton, velvet, viscose, silk, wool, linen and synthetic sofas
No matter what type of upholstery your furniture is composed of, cleaning it can be a daunting task. However, with the help of a professional cleaner, this process can be made much easier. Before you call in the professionals though, it is important to have an idea about which cleaner will work best for your material. There are cleaners specially formulated for each kind of upholstery – so using the wrong one could actually damage your furniture instead of cleaning it.
Sofa Steam Cleaning – the Deep Cleaning for Upholstery
Steam cleaning is a deep-cleaning process that uses steam to remove dirt, dust mites and other allergens from the upholstery. As with all types of cleaning, it’s important to use the right products and techniques for the job at hand; not just on couches, and public seating but also on chairs, sofas, bed frames etc.
Keep in mind that an upholstered item should be cleaned every 6 months to keep it looking new year-round.
Upholstery steam cleaning (Hot water extraction)
Upholstery steam cleaning or Hot Water Extraction (HWE) has many benefits. Here are four of the most important:
- Dust and dirt are removed from the upholstery fabric in a deep, thorough manner that leaves it cleaner than ever before.
- Normal wear and tear on furniture are minimized as dust and other allergens aren’t allowed to accumulate over time. This also helps extend furniture’s lifespan by reducing maintenance needs.
- People with allergies or asthma can rejoice due to the fact that they no longer have to worry about their sensitivities being triggered by upholstery mite activity or pet dander accumulation.
- The cleanliness achieved through HWE means your furniture looks like new again – even after repeated use.
How long would it take for furniture to dry after steam cleaning?
Many people are unsure of what to expect and afraid of the harsh chemicals that upholstery cleaning can involve. The average sofa or reception seating will take around two hours to dry after being steam cleaned. Furniture must be allowed to air dry completely before moving it back into the home. Remember to use steam rather than water, close all the windows and doors to avoid drafts, and use soft cleaning tools to avoid damage to the upholstery.
Dry Cleaning for Seating with Delicate Fibres
Sofas and soft seating can be a very comfortable and stylish addition to any reception area, office breakout zone or residential property, but they can also become dirty quickly. That’s where sofa and upholstery dry cleaning comes in – it’s the perfect way to get your furniture clean and smelling great again.
Dry upholstery and sofa cleaning
If you are in need of dry upholstery cleaning or sofa cleaning, then these four tips will help.
1. Pre-treat the area with a furniture stain removal cleaner before cleaning to increase the effectiveness of the cleaner and prevent further damage from being done.
2. Use a lint-free cloth to clean areas that are difficult to reach; this will reduce dusting and further detergent buildup on delicate fabrics.
3. Follow the directions of your specific upholstery cleaner carefully – excessive scrubbing can cause irreparable damage.
4. Dry furniture completely after cleaning using a low-heat setting with a professional dryer – this will avoid fabric shrinkage and wrinkles caused by moisture retention.
Sofa stain removal
There is nothing more frustrating than trying to clean up a sofa stain only to find that it comes right back. That’s why it is so important to get professional upholstery cleaning done on a regular basis. Not only will this ensure that the furniture stays looking great, but stains will be eliminated for good! To start with, the cleaning process starts by removing all the stains with a special solution. This ensures that no stain remains behind which could revive and cause further damage in future visits. Next, high-pressure water jetting machines are used to clean the fabric thoroughly and remove any residual dirt, dust or debris. Finally, if necessary, an antimicrobial agent may be applied before everything is dry and ready for storage again.
Benefits of Upholstery Cleaning
To summarise there are several benefits of upholstery cleaning:
- Cleaning upholstery secures the furniture against dirt and dust accumulating over time. This not only makes the furniture look cleaner but also helps to keep it free from pests and other diseases that can cause damage.
- Upholstery cleaning is a great way to remove odours caused by smoke, pets, or other scents that may permeate the furniture. By cleaning every nook and cranny, upholstery cleaners can eliminate any traces of unwanted odours for good.
- Dust mites thrive in dirty environments – as do their droppings, which contain allergens like dander and fragrances. Having your upholstered furniture cleaned regularly will help to eliminate these elements while eliminating potential health risks associated with them.
- Preventative maintenance ensures that your upholstered items last longer by keeping them free from harmful build-ups
An expert facilities management company will have a team of reliable, professional technicians.
Furthermore, the team should be composed of highly skilled technicians who are up-to-date with the latest technology trends and know how to solve even the most complex problems.
We hope that this post was of help, explaining what upholstery cleaning is, what to expect when it is done by a professional cleaner and that you will contact us if you have any further questions.